Thanks to you!
With the support of SMUM’s generous donors and amazing volunteers, in 2010 SMUM was able to serve:
- 6,701 households
- 14,159 individuals
- 5,476 children
Selected SMUM 2010 program measures:
- VITA helped over 100 families with their income tax returns. Over $200K was returned to the local economy from the households that e-file with the VITA program at SMUM.
- ABC Playtime served 12 preschool students and their families.
- Studio served 29 grade school students and their families.
- Over 800 backpacks were distributed at the end of the summer to grade school, middle school, and high school students.
- 347,020 pounds of food was donated to SMUM for community distribution (valued at about $677 thousand).
- 290 Emergency Food Boxes (for those outside of the SMUM service area)
- 43 bicycles were given away. 52 bikes were repaired.
- Community Closet provided clothes, bedding, toys and other used items to to over 200 households per month.
- 834 Christmas Gifts were distributed in 2010 (about the same as in 2009).
Thanks to SMUM Treasurer Joanna Shreve, Executive Director Rev. Lawrence Robles, and Office Manager Alfonso Mendez for their help in compiling these numbers.